Indiana summer heat and humidity are approaching, and they are approaching fast. There are multiple ways to beat the heat especially with the help of CityWay’s outdoor swimming pool with patio seating. Pool time is a great way to enjoy some much-needed friends and family time. A day at the pool can be a great time for games, drinks, and relaxation. Read below for four suggestions on How to Survive the Summer at the CityWay pool.
Games. Who says there has to be an age limit on pool games? Loads of fun can come from Marco Polo, synchronized swimming competitions, and Sharks and Minnows. This weekend, try a new pool game that can be fun for all ages called “Pool Tag Survivor.” Here you will have one person who is “it” and they will either call out “dolphin,” “froggy,” or “submarine.” The dolphin swims on top of the water, the froggy swims in the middle, and the submarine swims at the bottom of the pool. The person who is “it” closes their eyes and tries to tag others. When players get to the other end, they yell “survived” and if a player is tagged they are now “it.”
Exercise. Believe it or not, you can have fun and exercise at the same time. Grab a pool noodle and head to the water because our pool noodle exercises can be as effective as working out at the gym. An easy way to get your exercise started is to push and pull your noodle through chest-high water. If you are wanting to increase your heart rate march or run and alternate arms as you push and pull noodles. Don’t forget, just because you are not sweating doesn’t mean you don’t have to stay hydrated.
Drinks. You are going to need a nice refresher if you decide to suntan by the pool and a Sparkling Summer Limeade will do the trick to quench your thirst. This quick and easy mocktail takes less than ten minutes to make and is filled with fruit.
· 1 cup blackberries or blueberries
· 1 cup kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
· 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
· 1 cup fresh diced mango
· 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
· ¾ cup limeade concentrate, thawed
· 1 liter (4 cups) lemon-lime soda or ginger ale, chilled
Sweets. An after pool sweet treat is the best way to end your pool day for you and your kids. Our easy, two ingredient Pina Colada Popsicle will be the best cool-down from a day of fun in the sun.
· 2 ½ cups of pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen), choose a ripe pineapple for sweetness
· 13.5 oz full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
· Shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
· Blend the pineapple chunks and coconut milk in a blender until smooth.
· Pour the substance into popsicle molds (option to sprinkle coconut shreds into popsicle molds before setting popsicle sticks).
· Freeze for 6 hours until popsicles are frozen solid (option to spread shredded coconut once served).
Do not let the blazing heat keep you inside on an Indiana summer day! Follow these steps to survive the summer at the CityWay pool.